Salmon & Asparagus
Recipe for the BUSY COOK
Need any easy meal on a weeknight or something to work in your meal plan for the week? I love prepping easy basic meals with parchment or aluminum foil. I chose to use aluminum foil on this recipe because I could cook the salmon all without any extra pans and clean up.
Make one aluminum pouch per person. I use the following:
- Salmon fillet (skinned and devained, if not skinned them you can easily remove the skin after cooking)
- Asparagus, trimmed
- Himalayan Salt (I like this for the subtle flavor) or you can use regular sea salt
- Olive oil
- Cut a piece of foil so you can wrap the salmon up.
- Place salmon on foil first, add salt and pepper, add asparagus and then more salt and pepper if you choose. Finally place a drizzle of olive oil, wrap up to make a small tent.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 12 to 16 minutes, until salmon is flakey and asparagus is tender.
- Let rest before opening up all pouches.
- Serve with a green salad, rice, potato, or on its own.
In place of salt and pepper use lemon pepper, Cajun, creole, or dry rub BBQ seasoning. Make up on a weekend for the whole week and vary the salmon with different seasonings.