Need a treat or healthy snack for your kids? Boost a little more protein into their diet with these fun to eat delightful little chicks. Your guests will smile when you serve them on a platter with green“ nesting material”. Amy
Deviled Egg Chicks
Use our “Choose Your Way Deviled Eggs” recipe (below), but follow these steps to make cute little chicks.
- Cut whole eggs on the bottom and top so they are flat. Pull yolk out of one side. Set the egg on the opposite side & save top.
- Mix yolks as directed.
- With a piping bag, pipe mixture into egg white shell. Top egg with a slice of egg white & use extra slice of egg white in a salad for a nice protein.
- Using a small carrot, cut a small sliver for a nose. Use two Peppercorns for eyes and add three small sticks to make each foot.
Choose Your Way Deviled Eggs
6 eggs, hard boiled, shells removed, halved
4+ tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1+ tablespoon of Mustard
Fresh ground pepper
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Diced red pepper
Whole black mustard seed
- Prepare the eggs and slice in half; remove yolk and mash in bowl.
- Blend in Mayonnaise, mustard, sea salt and fresh ground pepper until smooth.
- With a pastry bag, pipe into the egg white or spoon in.
- Sprinkle with whole black mustard, paprika and fresh ground pepper.
- Consider topping with crumbled bacon, diced red pepper, chives or a combination
of any or all. That’s why I call this recipe “Choose Your Way Deviled Eggs.